Does your migraine affect your everyday living? Are you looking for a specialized chiropractor for headache treatments? Visit our expert neck pain chiropractor at Peak Potential Family Chiropractor. We specialized in various chiropractic care for treating headaches, neck pain, back pain, and even therapies for accidental injuries.
Isn’t it frustrating to go to work with a severe headache? Usually, we just want to lay down and sleep out the day when we have headaches. We can’t do our usual routine because we are disturbed by the severe pain, disrupting our ability to do everyday activities. At Peak Potential Family Chiropractor, we have special treatment procedures for headaches that will soothe the pain and get you back in shape. Our headaches and neck pain chiropractor will assist you throughout the whole chiropractic session.
Chiropractic Adjustments for Headaches
There are many different causes of headaches, and, therefore, many other potential treatments. Chiropractic adjustments are a type of treatment that may be effective for some people suffering from headaches.
Chiropractic is a type of alternative medicine that focuses on diagnosing and treating musculoskeletal problems, with an emphasis on the spine. Chiropractors perform manual adjustments to the spine and other joints in the body to correct alignment and improve function. Many people who see a chiropractor do so for neck or back pain, but chiropractic care can also effectively treat headaches.
How exactly can a chiropractor treat your headache? Chiropractic care starts with physical assessment, where a chiropractor will examine your physical health. This is to know the underlying reasons for the pain you are suffering. This may include examining your lifestyle, heredity, activities, and careers. A chiropractor usually does spinal manipulation and adjustments for headache cases. Oftentimes, with a headache or neck pain chiropractor, the treatment may start with spinal manipulation on your neck or back adjustments. The method will depend on the result of your physical assessment.
There are many ways that spinal adjustments can help to treat headaches. One way is that an adjustment can help relieve tension in the neck and upper back muscles. This tension is often a trigger for headache pain. Another way an adjustment can help treat headaches is by correcting any misalignments in the spine that may be putting pressure on nerves or causing inflammation. Lastly, spinal adjustments can help improve blood flow and reduce congestion throughout the body, including in the head.
Use of Various Methodology
Our headache or neck pain chiropractor uses other methods like x-ray films. This is to locate and identify dislocated vertebrae and subluxation, which are the primary cause of pressure on your nerves. The pressure or extra stress on the nerves keeps your body system from functioning to its regular routine and is the main reason for headache formation in the body.
Lifestyle Treatments and Maintenance
The treatment does not just end with spinal adjustments. There must be a good balance between regular chiropractic care and a healthy lifestyle for the patient. This is why, at Peak Potential Family Chiropractor, we provide extra service for our patients when it comes to giving advice on lifestyle adjustments. We firmly believe that having a well-balanced and healthy lifestyle will prevent the risk of headaches, neck pains, and other body pains. Here are some lifestyle tips that you have to remember to lessen the possibility of headache pains.
- Avoid stress at all costs. Most neurological pains or sicknesses are the product of severe stress. It compromises your immune system, creating a consistent increase in your heart rate and blood pressure, which might lead to hypertension, heart attack, or even stroke. Try to avoid things that will give you stress. Spend some time for relaxation and meditation. We have various treatments for relieving stress, a part of our chiropractic care and services.
- Poor posture, like sitting for a long time, will create tension in your spinal cord and muscles. Practice proper posture to alleviate head, neck, and back tensions.
- Minimize time on the use of technological devices like smartphones and computers. This will certainly increase tension on your neck going to the head, which will stimulate pains. This is a common dilemma for digital natives since they are really fond of using phones and gadgets anywhere. An hour of watching videos on your smartphone while your head is looking downward will certainly create pressure on your neck and the bottom part of your head.
- Proper diet and healthy living play a big role in anyone’s lifestyle. Eating the right food, drinking the required liters of water a day, and having a proper diet will not just lessen the possibility of headache pains, but it will definitely benefit your living condition even in the future. Drinking a lot of water will help maintain the balance of body fluids and keep your body functioning. Avoid getting dehydrated so it won’t affect your energy level and brain function as much as possible.
- If you have been in an accident and have an old whiplash injury, especially those injuries closer to your head, it would be much better if you had regular therapeutic exercises and treatments from our neck pain chiropractors. Make it a habit to do yoga and stretching every day. This will keep your body in good shape and will prevent future body pains.
- If you are living in an environment that cannot control disturbing noises like a nearby train station, bars, and hotels with regular night parties, you might want to rethink your decision on your current living place. Disturbing noises are environmental factors that might cause further stress due to the inability to get a good night’s sleep.
- Light sensitivity might also cause headache pains. Minimize your phone light sensor to a moderate level, especially when in a dark place.
These lifestyle adjustment tips will not just help with the success of your chiropractic treatment but will benefit your future health condition and avoid the risk of health complications. If you know the proper treatment for your headache through the chiropractic sessions you have been getting regularly, you can easily adjust your lifestyle in a more convenient way.
Chiropractic care at Peak Potential Family Chiropractor guarantees success on various body pains, injuries, and other health problems. To ensure that we provide the appropriate service for your needs, our headache and neck pain chiropractor has done numerous chiropractic training and medications which certifies their field of mastery. So what are you waiting for? Get in touch and let us help you live a headache-free life.